Friday, July 2, 2010

Trend: Military

Camouflage, Generals' stars, Army wear, greens, and browns. These have been seen more and more off the battlefront and base and more on everyday streets as the Military trend flourishes. Many people last winter were wearing Bomber Jackets as seen on Air Force pilots but now be on the lookout for much more such as, marching jackets (normally with double breasted buttons) camouflage shorts and tees, and plenty of brushed brass and copper detailing. At the beginning of the summer season, I had designed an outfit that I didn't think would be sold in stores because I didnt't think the trend would catch on. But, a few weeks later, I was in the check outline buying practicaly the same exact shorts I had designed earlier. The only bad part of this trend is that you CAN in fact have too much of it. You don't want to go out unseen in a total camo ensemble or all green and browns. Pair lighter cream colors with earth tones for a cool natural feel and add studs or any metal detailing for an edgy military feel.One of the many outfits I have made with my camo-ish shorts was a feminine take on the trend by using a cream colored V-neck with a sequin embellished pocket. I could also take a plain white V-neck with a pocket and pin a few Generals' stars on the pocket. So many possibililties can come out of this trend so, take advantage of it while its here.

No comments:

Post a Comment